Joanna is a results-oriented program, project management and change leader with a history of leading highly successful teams in enterprise-level and global environments. She has a proven track record of championing new customer-focused technology offerings that promote business development and optimal functionality across multiple digital platforms.
Joanna leverages a career history of tactical project management, analytical, and organizational expertise to pioneer transformational digital solutions that garner substantial results—enhancing brand visibility, driving revenue growth, and expanding key metrics.
She is currently the Senior Vice President of Program Management at Centro. Prior to joining Centro, she was Director of Digital Portfolio Management at Weight Watchers International for over seven years. Her background also includes five years managing Federal and State Accountability Programs for the State of Georgia, and five years in consulting for a leading information technology solutions company.
Joanna also is a founding Board Member of Women in Agile, Inc, where she serves as Treasurer. Women in Agile is a collective effort to recruit, network, promote, and support the work of outstanding women in the agile community through blogging, speaking at events, and building a network among other women and allies.
She is also co-chair of the annual Chicago Agile Open Space Women and Agile event, which for the last three years, has showcased and highlighted women in agile roles in Chicago.
Joanna enjoys giving back to the technology and project management community through serving as a mentor, a speaker and contributor to industry publications and university curriculums. She can usually be found at most local women in technology networking events, such as ARA, Chicago Innovation and Ellevate events, not only showing her support, but also constantly looking for ways to contribute and further their causes.
Personal hobbies include traveling, sailing, scuba diving and marathon running. Her goal is to run the Six World Major Marathons (four down, two to go!). She lives in Chicago, IL with her husband and French Bulldog.
- 18 years Portfolio, Program and Project Management experience, in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies, with varying team sizes and budgets. Largest team was approximately 100 individuals and largest budget managed was over $100 million.
- Client/Portfolio Management
- Change Leadership and Organizational Transformation
- Strategic and Portfolio Planning (Product Roadmap, Annual Operating Plan)
- Change Management and Communications
- Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement (Yellow Belt)
- Product and Consumer Analytics
- Public Speaking and Training
- Project Management Institute (PMI) – Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification -March 2005
- Change Leadership Certificate – Cornell – 2014
For more information, please visit Joanna’s LinkedIn profile.
- Traveling – I’ve been to all seven continents, dozens of countries and hundreds of cities. I am also an avid cruiser with over fifteen cruises under my belt.
- Running – I’ve run a number of half-marathons and four full marathons (NYC, Chicago, Berlin and London). Goal is to run the six world majors – NYC, Chicago, Berlin, London, Tokyo and Boston.
- Scuba Diving and Sailing – I’m a PADI Open Water certified diver and a certified sailor (ASA 101, 103 and 104). I love being out on or under the water!
- Lives in Chicago, IL